April, sounds like you need to relax and try this.

IF you press VO+left or right, you can navigate any web page usually just fine
with voice OVer.  I will not nor can I provide step by step instructions for
every little operation.  That’s not the best way to learn Voice OVer anyhow.
The best way is the way you started:  by just doing it.  So, let me give you
the following things.

1.  Do you know what I mean by pressing VO+left or VO+right?  What I mean is
the key combination of control+Option+left, right up or down arrow.  So,
whenever someone here tells you to press say VO+right, for exampel, what they
will mean is that you should press control+Option+left or right.  Surely, you
know the Apple keyboard enough to know that your option key is right next to
your control key and on its right.

Pressing VO+space will be the usual way to click on a web page link or activate
something.  In some cases, however, the return key will be used to open some
web streams.  That is a case by case thing you’ll just have to play with it.

2.  Keyboard help.  To get in to keyboard help, press VO+k.  Now, with keyboard
help on, you can type what ever you wish to type and you will be informed what
each key or group of keys does and this includes many Voice Over commands also.
 To get out of keyboard help, press escape.

3.  To get help with Voice Over at any time, press VO+h.  For a list of all
Voice OVer commands, Press VO+h twice.

That should help to get you started good.

Sent from my Mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind
built-in!

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray, still a very happy Mac and Iphone 5 user!