It is usually something that the user has little interaction with as it
unlocks with their login password.  Basically, it encrypts and keeps all of
your secure data in one place.  Things like login passwords for your mail
accounts or internet accounts, WiFi passwords, etc, are kept by your keychain.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION