Try going into finder, Finder menu, services, Folder Actions. I did this from
the desktop, but it doesn't matter which folder. There will be a checkbox that
says "enable folder actions." Close this window with command-w. Find the
downloads folder again and try going to folder actions setup. You should be
able to find the scripts and actions once you've enabled it.

HtH,
Teresa

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."--Groucho Marx