Hi,

currently the situation is not the best one, due to some reasons (I won't be too specific here) the SDL audio relies on ESD which relies on DSP for now.

If your game is using SDL, you probably want to use SDL and SDL_Mixer for audio, as they are shipped with the system. Of course you can use for example ESD but it is recommended to use SDL since it's most supported game programming API on the platform, and even if it uses now ESD for audio, it might change in the future to use DSP directly, so when relying on the SDL you wouldn't have to change anything if those will be improved.

-Kuisma

ext Serge Semashko wrote:
Hello,

What is the best library for sound/music support in games for maemo
platform? Does SDL_Mixer make use of DSP core? I'm just worried about
performance a bit. Thanks in advance.