Some further comments came into mind...

2005/11/8, Clemens Eisserer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
(Gtk)
> [...] but it  was choosen for
> compatibility as the whole Xserver based approach.

Yes, Maemo (coupled with the IT2005) is more of a distribution than
simply UI for a PDA, so good compatibility with desktop apps is a
winner point.

I'm not sure if the embedded Qt allows you to just recompile the app
and be able to run it on the target? I mean, most porting done for the
Maemo involves just GUI redesigning so it'll fit the screen and
accommodate the font size, not because the environment would be harsh
on them...

> (fox-toolkit  or
> fltk are much more efficient)

Fox-toolkit: No theming AFAICT, and that's about as much as is needed
to say (although some other points would be valid too I guess)

Fltk: Absolute coordinate system. 'nuff said

So is there more candidates for this than Qt?-)
(and I'd like to know what's missing from the embedded version wrt to
the desktop version, is there a list somewhere?)

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]