Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005, Andrew Ramsay wrote:
> I started off with the basic example program which just connects to the
> session bus, lists the services available, then exits. That works fine
> with both session and system buses. I then tried to modify it slightly to
> obtain a proxy for the "com.nokia.btcond" service, which didn't work until
> I discovered you had to connect to the system rather than the session bus.
> Once I'd got the proxy, I tried to call the rfcomm_bind method as
> suggested in the wiki. However, all I get back is an error saying that
> this method doesn't exist on the com.nokia.btcond.request interface.
> Calling any of the other methods results in the error
> "com.nokia.btcond.invalid_dev", which is supposed to indicate an invalid
> BDA from what I can tell, although the address I'm using is definitely
> correct.

You didn't mention which object path you're using, but it should be
"/com/nokia/btcond/request". You should also be giving the rfcomm_bind
method call two arguments: the BT address (e.g. "11:22:33:44:55:66")
and the profile name (e.g. "SPP").

> Can anyone help me out here? As I said, I have no previous experience with
> D-BUS programming, so I may well be doing something very wrong and just
> haven't noticed yet. I'm using the Glib bindings for D-BUS since that was
> what the example code used. If anyone has actually done this already I'd
> be very interested to hear how you did it.

It is quite possible that the GLib bindings are buggy in the D-BUS
version that the current 770 SW images use. If you are still
experiencing problems I'd recommend trying out the low level C-bindings.

Johan