On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 14:08 +0200, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> On the actual device X server doesn't listen on inet sockets either,
> only on local ones.  I'm not sure why this is done on the target,
> but at least on desktop it's for obvious security reasons...

Form my point of view it is just annoying (on the desktop). If the
network is SUCH a security risk, why even install drivers for the lan
card ?
I find it extremely annoying to run after more-or-less undocumented
changes in new versions of distributions. This is not only true for
suse, but for all of them. (However, suse is the undisputed world
champion in this discipline).

> No, the correct way is to remove the idiotic host part check from
> the sb-af-init.sh script (AFAIK this is fixed in newer SDK).
> Just change the 'exit' inside the host check in the script to 'echo'
> or comment it out.

Well, the "correct way" to me is anything that works at all. I needed a
working tcp-X11 on my workstation anyway, so i was going this route.

regards,

    marvin