Aaron,

that is great news. I am also interested in knowing whether anyone has ported RDesktop to GTK/Maemo. I am interested in having interoperability with Microsoft Windows environments using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). Do you know if anyone is working on this?
Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International
GSEC Gold,GCWN Gold,GGSC-0100,NSA-IAM,NSA-IEM

(H) 703 620 0672
(M) 703 407 2278
(F) 703 620 5388

primary email address:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
backup email address:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aaron Levinson wrote:
I'm pleased to announce the first version of a VNC Viewer maemo port.
Some other developers have announced ports of VNC in the past, but these
were strictly builds of the RealVNC vncviewer client and were not
GTK/maemo software applications.  As such, they lacked certain GTK/maemo
amenities, the biggest being no text input methods.

This new port is a true GTK/maemo port that basically provides most of the
support that one might expect from a maemo-ized VNC viewer.  I'm still
working on adding some features, and there certainly is room for
optimizations, but I'm pretty happy with the way it has turned out so far.

It's available at http://www.aracnet.com/~alevinsn/vncviewer_0.1_arm.deb .

Here's some brief documentation:
-- Press the Select/Confirm button to turn on and off the text input
method window (just like in xterm).
-- Use the Zoom out (-) button for middle mouse button clicks.
-- Use the Zoom in (+) button for right mouse button clicks.
-- Use the Cancel/Close button to send an Esc key.
-- The other hardware buttons operate similar to how they operate in
xterm.
-- Turn on/off the toolbar from the View menu.
-- It is possible to double-click, but it might require a little
practice/multiple attempts.

I'm planning on writing one or more e-mails concerning my porting
experiences.  Hopefully, the information in these e-mails will be useful
to some.  I'll also be making the source code available once I clean it up
a bit more.

Aaron Levinson