On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 13:55 +0200, ext Urho Konttori wrote:

> This is just a suggestion, but could the following be safe enough for
> consumer grade swap use on Nokia 770:
>
> If user has swapon. User opens MMC door. System pops up a large RED
> GUI that states: You have swap active. Please turn off swap before
> removing MMC from the slot. GUI would have one large button (turn off
> swap). After swapoff, GUI would turn green and say, it's safe to
> detach MMC now.

We really can't rely on the user nicely waiting for any kind of
permission from our UI.  There _will_ be cases when the MMC is abruptly
removed.  It is unacceptable for an end-user device to go down in flames
whenever this happens.

The issues regarding what happens when a swap device disappears from
underneath have to fixed first.

Cheers,
Juha