According to the maemo tutorial, one is supposed to install some
        software using "apt-get install osso-ic-oss" to include scripts,
        etc. to enable automatically starting up the connection manager
        when establishing a socket from within an application. But when
        I try that, I get the following:

        [sbox-SDK_PC: ~] > apt-get install osso-ic-oss
        Reading Package Lists... Done
        Building Dependency Tree... Done
        E: Couldn't find package osso-ic-oss

        I am new to Linux, and not familiar with the whole "package"
        concept. I think I found the required package for osso-ic-oss in
        the "pool" directory at the maemo repository.  I assumed that
        when the development system is installed that the appropriate
        links etc are built.  I recently upgraded to Maemo1.1 by doing a
        "dist-upgrade" according to the instructions at
        http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowTo_DistUpgrade

        I would appreciate any help in understanding how to get the
        osso-ic-oss package installed.