On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 03:56:05PM +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> Ilkka Poutanen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >>* The full name of your service has to be com.nokia.revsh
> >
> > That is not actually true. I'm using eg. a fi.tut.cs prefix and my app
> > works fine both in Scratchbox and on the device.
>
> Can you start your application from the desktop menus? From what you are
> saying I have done exactly the same, but without success (there are
> other ways to start the app that work, like from xterm or in SB using
> run-standalone.sh, or by removing the X-Ossso-Service line from the
> desktop file).

Yes, the application starts from the menu too. This is what the files
contain:

APPNAME.desktop:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=APPNAME
Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/APPNAME
Icon=qgn_grid_gene_default_app
X-Window-Icon=maemopad-window
X-Window-Icon-Dimmed=maemopad-window-dimmed
X-Osso-Service=fi.tut.cs.APPNAME
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable

fi.tut.cs.APPNAME.service:

[D-BUS Service]
Name=fi.tut.cs.APPNAME
Exec=/var/lib/install/usr/bin/APPNAME

APPNAME is naturally always the same... yes, even the "Name" field of
the desktop file matches the binary name. Hope this helps!

--
Ilkka Poutanen, research assistant
Tampere University of Technology, Institute of Software Systems