Hi,

I have a list of itmes in a ListStore. An item can be selected with a
stylus by tapping it once. Tapping it twice brings up an item-specific
dialog. This seems too be very natural for a desktop application.

However, under hildon, the fact that a user has to tap twice on an item
to bring up a dialog seems very confusing to the end user.

I tried to connect signal_button_press_event to the TreeView and catch
"Select,Confirm" button click (GDK_Return - nokia770 round button), but
even though TreeView has the focus, I don't see the event being
generated. Same goes for "Cancel,Close" (GDK_Escape). The buttons I
mentioned are described here:

http://www.maemo.org/platform/docs/tutorials/Maemo_tutorial.html#Hardware-keys

So, how do others cope with clear absence of double-click in hildon?

thanks,
-Vlad