On 3/7/06, Vladislav Grinchenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a list of itmes in a ListStore. An item can be selected with a
> stylus by tapping it once. Tapping it twice brings up an item-specific
> dialog. This seems too be very natural for a desktop application.
>
> However, under hildon, the fact that a user has to tap twice on an item
> to bring up a dialog seems very confusing to the end user.
>
> I tried to connect signal_button_press_event to the TreeView and catch
> "Select,Confirm" button click (GDK_Return - nokia770 round button), but
> even though TreeView has the focus, I don't see the event being
> generated.

When you press Select with a selected item, you should get the
"row-activated" signal. Same goes with tapping twice on the same item
(or, annoyingly, tapping on a selected item once).

> So, how do others cope with clear absence of double-click in hildon?

There is no absence of double click, the treeview case is just special
(you can double- and triple-click to select text for example, unless I
remember wrong).

In addition to that, you have the tap'n'hold behaviour to compensate
with the absence of multiple mouse buttons. Youa can read more about
that from the tutorials / API docs.

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]