Hi,

> So is it normal to have to specify the host and target when using
> configure in scratchbox ARM?

No.  Usually this is an error in your Sbox configuration.  For example
you've selected for the target rootstrap and toolchain with incompatible
versions (e.g. different C-lib version).

What your config.log reports as the actual error?

> Or should I just wipe scratchbox and reinstall because I've somehow
> misinstalled the QEMU/ARM environment?

Better first to check why this fails. :-)

It could be that you just need to remove the Sbox target and configure
one with correct toolchain and extract correct rootstrap into it.

        - Eero