Neil Jerram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Does anyone know what the following errors mean?  I get them when
>> trying to build an ARM package in scratchbox; the corresponding i386
>> package builds with no problem.
>
> [...]
>
>> libfakeroot: connect: Cannot assign requested address
>
> I'm still suffering from these libfakeroot errors in scratchbox
> builds, now for both ARM and PC targets.

[...]

For the record, I've now managed to avoid these errors by moving my
maemo work to a higher spec machine.  (Specifically, from a Pentium
III 800MHz with 128Mb RAM, to a Pentium III 935MHz with 256Mb RAM.)

Of course, it could be that some other factor in the move was
relevant, such as the way I installed or used scratchbox (with the
benefit of more experience), but my guess is that performance was the
main factor.

Regards,
        Neil