On 30 Mar 2006 13:05:41 -0500, Ted Zlatanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 30 Mar 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Almost as funny as the fact that the device is referenced as an origin
> > for good ideas when AFAIK nobody has even seen such a thing live not
> > to mention holding one ;)
>
> I am not sure how that's relevant.  I went by this picture, which
> could be a mock-up or not.

My point was that if you look at a picture like that, how do you know
it's a good idea?
Although granted, looking again at you mail you don't really state
this or that about the "goodness" of it...

> http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/08/cebit-web-site-shows-origami-ui/

Looks horribly painful to use, just take your keyboard in your hand
like that and try to move you thumb in an arc. It's doable, but only
after letting got the firm grip on the device. Now, given that
origamis are relatively huge, it probably would slip from your hands
if you try to use two thumbs. Also the keyboard is most likely useless
the moment you put it into a stand or on the table...

Not to mention the elevated risk of RSI.

Would be interesting to try though. Anyone up to hacking one of those
for maemo?-)

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]