Brad Midgley wrote:

I noticed the rs-mmc has more connectors than a plain mmc card. In
theory, requiring rs-mmc might make it so the nokia doesn't have to run
the card in a slower compatibility mode.

Well, not exactly. RS-MMC is what is says 'reduced size' MMC. I've got few MMC and RS-MMC cards and they have same number of pins. What you probably mean is the newer MMCplus format with more pins. This format is backward compatible and comes in both normal and reduced size. But I'm afraid N770 device cannot take advantage of such faster cards anyway. If you look into the N770 slot there are simply no contacts for the newer standard.

Frantisek