On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 09:01 +0200, ext Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,
I'll reply only to those points I'm 100% sure of, sorry for the
incomplete answer. Probabaly Devesh can provide some info on the legal
side.

> recently  I tried to modify initfs to allow dual booting and got some
> questions:
>
> Is there a way to get code of pressed HW key in /linuxrc script? There
> is command that waits  for keypress. There is also something is sysfs
> for detecting battery door, shell, headphone jack state but nothing
> simple for keys. Anything I missed or do I need to compile my own
> executable?
>
> Which scratchbox uclibc toolchain should I use? There are two ones here
> http://scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/0.9.8/tarball/
> sf (softfloats) and non-sf.
>
> What exactly is testserver? initfs is full in IT2006 so I need to delete
> something. I deleted testserver and its shared libraries and device
> seems to boot. Is this needed for device operation or it is really for
> factory testing or something like that so it never gets executed
> automatically on boot.
Only for test mode and factory. And you are right: it's a good target to
free space =)

> How do I run those test anyway?
>
> Can I distribute hacked initfs? If not, is binary patch OK?
>
> Which functionality I loose when dsme is not executed from /linuxrc
> (battery charging?)
WDs kicking, sw watchdog for processes, battery charging, device mode control
and backlighting(almost certainly).

> Is is a good idea to use cal-tool frequently (i.e on each boot) to set
> various flags (root device,..)? This get stored to flash, how it is with
> wear leveling of config partition?
>
> Thanks for any answers.
>
> Frantisek
Cheers,