On mån, 2006-07-31 at 13:01 +0200, ext Nils Faerber wrote:

[snip]
> Well, that is just half of the game, I am afraid.
>
> Google indeed points to a post by Jason Mills:
>
> http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2006-January/002437.html
>
> In this post Jason also sais:
> "... 4) The osso_alarm and osso_notifier daemons are missing at least
> from the 2005.51 Nokia build. ..."
>
> I think what Chris, me and others are really looking for is the alarm
> framework for application notification, not the mere RTC alarm.

There is no alarm framework

> There must be, at least I hope, a clean way to
>  - set an alarm by an application

No clean way.  Retutime is the only way to set alarm,
with all its limitations.

>  - get notified when alarm is reached

Nope.

>  - remove a pending alarm

Retutime.

>  - do not conflict with other alarms (in case two aplications set alarms)

That's easy, but not pretty.  Since the only available means of setting
alarms are through retutime, and retutime in turn depends on the
hardware capabilities only, alarms are max 24h into the future,
and only one can be set.

Regards: David
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.