2006/8/1, Brad Burleson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
My only problem is that gtk_main() transfers control away from my daemon.
Is it possible to attach to the GLib main loop and return back to my own
code from time to time (the project I'm working on has it's own internal
scheduler and I'm not up for a big rewrite now)?

Sure, you can even just run the GLib main loop "by hand" within a loop
while doing other stuff. See gtk_events_pending () for details.

There is also g_idle_add() and g_timeout_add() if it is not crucial to
execute the code at exact times (they launch their callbacks at "when
there is nothing else going on" and "no sooner than" respectively).

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]