ext Christian Pernegger wrote:

> > I am just telling some truths that others should know.
>
> I'm with you insofar as
> - setting up the developent environment was a bitch

Could you please send me why ?
- Setting up ScratchBox ???
- Downloading, extracting maemo x.x rootstrap ?
- Setting up UI environment like Xnest/Xephyr?
- Setting up CPU_Transparency stuff ??? (need for advanced stuff) ???

I am asking you, so we improve it.

> - it still doesn't give you the same environment as a real 770 apparently

In general scratchbox as already pointed out provides a chrooted
environment, which is not the same as in device development. The armel
rootstrap in SB should atleast provide the same compiled binaries etc as
that on the device, so as to provide properly cross compiled binaries
for the device.

> - C++ plus custom framework doesn't exactly lend itself to RAD, maybe
> a scripting language (python, ruby, whatever) or even Java would have
> been a better choice. A lot of people, me included, don't have a clue
> about cross-compiling or embedded development.

I think the accepted fact is that development for different processor
non-PC devices is different.
Devesh