Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
On 9/19/06, Frantisek Dufka wrote:

Just few ideas:
software - bug is swapping/pagefault code?, bad ram timings?, too high
CPU clock?

That's an interesting idea, It seems to be worth trying to downclock
the device and check if it improves stability. Does anybody know how
to do this?

Anybody is me, you forgot cc to the list. I think there is some table with clocks in kernel source. Some board specific file related to n770. I think there is some constant like 250000000.

request 40MB too early, it will fail. Did you run memtester with my
last patch? It contains this gradually increasing allocation size
trick automatically, so you don't need to run memtester many times and
can specify 40MB at once.

Yes, it starts at 20 and goes slowly up. But still 25 were the limit. After reboot 40MB is really possible (no error again). I was not runing anything special before reboot so that 15MB difference is strange.

Surely it would be much better if memtester could access (almost) all
the physical memory at once. Otherwise it can't provide reliable and
trustworthy results. Probably boot time memtester similar to memtest86
that runs before the system loads can do this work best, but I wonder
if it is easy to access framebuffer to print some results from it.

Check /mnt/initfs/linuxrc source. There is text2screen binary or you can probably enable framebuffer console in kernel. Also when you install the BootMenu you can play with replacing /sbin/init or init scripts on mmc card and boot from it. In fact if you compile memtester as uclibc binary it can be included in initfs image and run without mounting rootfs. text2screen can display only parameters but it is not so hard to wrap it in 'for' loop in shell while reading file.

Frantisek