Hi,

> I was able to get "Osso Xterm" from the repository listed there
> installed, I  had trouble with "Osso Xterm (advanced)" though I don't
> remember any more if it was a dependency problem or the "Unable to
> install.  Incompatible package".

Usually it seems to say "Incompatible package" if the package
"Section" is something else than "user".  Those packages you
can install from the command line with "dpkg -i".

You can kludge around this by extracting the package contents:
        ar x package.deb
Editing the control file Section field and repackaging the file:
        ar c package.deb control.tar.gz data.tar.gz debian-binary

If the package has dependencies not present on the device
you need repository that contains those dependencies.

        - Eero