On Oct 10, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Patrik Flykt wrote:
On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 15:17 -0400, ext D. Scott Brown wrote:
As I understand it, you can connect to any arbitrary wifi network
using this function from osso-ic.h:
gint osso_iap_connect(const char *iap, dbus_uint32_t flags, void *arg);

Unfortunately not. With the above function you can establish an internet
connection using the name of the saved settings as the first argument.
It is also possible to use any available connection by using the #define
OSSO_IAP_ANY "[ANY]" from osso-ic.h.

The settings are created either by selecting a WLAN network from the
'Select connection' dialog or the connectivity control panel applet.
Settings are stored under '/system/osso/connectivit/IAP/' in gconf. See
the end of the connectivity guide for gconf details.

Hmmm... then could we use gconf to write our own IAP configuration files from the command line, and then use the osso_iap_connect function to invisibly connect to the network we've created outside of the dialog?

Scott