On Oct 11, 2006, at 1:47 AM, Patrik Flykt wrote:
On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 16:21 -0400, ext D. Scott Brown wrote:
Hmmm... then could we use gconf to write our own IAP configuration
files from the command line, and then use the osso_iap_connect
function to invisibly connect to the network we've created outside of
the dialog?

Yes, you could do exactly that. And if you want icd to automatically
clean up the settings from gconf after disconnect, name it starting with
'[EasyWLAN'. As an example select a new unsaved wlan SSID from the
'Select connection' dialog and do not let the UI save it. Watch the the
gconf settings.

I tried using the gconf bindings in Python, but it looks like they're not updated yet. Instead, I used the command line gconftool with -- dump and --load to set up new IAPs. The problem I'm hitting is EAP_wpa_preshared_key. I haven't been able to find anything online about converting a string password into the 32 byte int list in the gconf entry. It looks like some kind of encryption process happens between when a user types a WPA password in the dialog, and what's written into the gconf entry.

Is there a command line tool or API for converting password strings into the preshared_key list format?

Many thanks,
Scott