Hi Andrew

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 10:44:23PM +0100, Andrew Flegg wrote:
> From a technical PoV, IT 2005 and IT 2006 have been completely
> different, though: lots of minor releases to fix bugs in the former;
> nothing like that with the latter - but there's Sardine instead.
That's a very good point: we did not seem to produce any bugfix
releases for IT 2006.

> >> Either way, some professionalism would be nice.
> >It's certainly a matter of definition :)  Please do define it and we'll
> >see if it's possible to follow your definition...
>
> Although I take your point, TBH, I've got better and more productive
> things to do with my time than define English words and idioms. If
> Nokia want to employ consultants on CRM and Assertiveness without
> Aggression[1] that's their perogative.
I'm sorry, I did not want to start any linguistic discussions.  What I
should have said is: Nokia has lots of practices and policies that have
long history.  Our product and everything that happens around it
challenges (Nokia word :)) those practices and any changes won't take
one day or even one year. From the other hand, open source projects and
activities in general somehow imply certain expectations toward maemo
and its components that we do not always can meet. :)  So, returning to
"professionalism" word, I'd say we act quite professionally from Nokia
practices point of view, and we might look not exactly professional from
other points, hence the "definition".  You can help us by stating your
expectations.

> However, Clue #1: professionalism is not referring to customers
> through an official channel as living in "twisted little world"s.
This is clearly one of those :D

Kind Regards,

--
Misha