On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 13:03 +0100, ext Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> Luca Donaggio wrote:
> >      > After the official maintenance update of the Internet Tablet OS 2006
> >      > edition last week, the final maemo 2.1 release is also now available.
>
> >     Should `apt-get dist-upgrade' work from Mistral to Scirocco in the
> >     SDK? Or is it a case of downloading everything again?
>
> > I've just finished dist-upgrading to scirocco and it seems to work just
> > fine!
>
> Just to be safe... Is this maemo release intended for the scratchbox
> environment only,
Officially, maemo releases are intended to be used inside scratchbox.

> or is it safe to use scirocco repositories directly on
> the 770? (if you are willing to upgrade)

However, we tried to make it, at least, not crash the device if some one
"accidentally" has scirocco repo on device's sources.list.

Basically, for maemo2.1, all the packages that are on device have the
same versions as in scirocco *EXCEPT* for maemo-launcher which needed
some hacks for qemu armel. So ... if you have scirocco repo on the
device, doing an apt-get update will upgrade *only* maemo-launcher. The
result is it will be updated just fine :), but device will reboot once

If you try to install some other packages, rather than just doing an
"apt-get update", then it's not guaranteed that it will be safe.

> Sebastian
Best regards
TranVan Hoang,