Am 24 Nov 2006 um 15:08 hat Santtu Lakkala geschrieben:
> Afaik there are no Gtk "bindings" per se. But there is IBM's swt
> toolkit, that can use Gtk as a backend. If we just make Gtk bindings, we
> lose quite a lot of the reasons to use Java in the first place. If we
> have our own, product specific, library for widgets, then there is a
> need for porting software. Instead there should be a backend for swt (or
> awt/swing) that uses hildon widgets where appropriate. This way the

AFAIK the GNU classpath project tries to be compatible to SUN/Java's
AWT toolkit and it is based upon the gtk toolkit. So this would be the
way to go.
Is the Sun/Java *ix version still Motif based? If yes,  we will have not
much benefit of the GPL'd Sun/Java sources. Or is there anybody who
*really* wants to run Motif apps on our small little 770?

> program will run and look native in multitude of environments. All this
> without need for modifying source or even recompiling.

Yes - this is the goal of Java. I really think there isn't much use of a gtk
or hildon only widget set.

-Klaus
--
 Klaus Rotter * klaus <at> rotters <dot> de * www.rotters.de