I think it's natural that, at first, the platform and the products that
use it will be tightly bound. When the platform and products are more
mature, it'll be easier to separate their schedules.

But as long as they are bound, we can't expect companies to indirectly
announce their product release plans too far ahead of time.

In the meantime, we can at least see what's happening as it happens, and
that's pretty good. And at least Maemo is largely built on other
open-source projects that do have independent schedules.

--
Murray Cumming
[EMAIL PROTECTED]