Jon Smirl wrote:
> You can get IrDA versions everywhere.
> http://www.buyextras.com/irdaadapters.html?gclid=CNDDxsHW1IkCFRFBgQodfF4i4Q
> But these are in the wrong frequency band for a remote control.

There is another problem: The N770 has a USB-Host mode (which is
necessary if you want to run such IrDA adapters) but it does not power
the USB port. I have made an adapter cable to power 5 Volts to an
external HDD drive via USB and it worked very well. But I think for a IR
transmitter this solution would be very unhandy.

Is it no power at all, or just not very much power? With no power you
can't even use a USB memory dongle. Hard disks take way more power
than a USB port can provide. IR transmitter doesn't need much power,
the one I am using now says it needs 100mA. And that's a peak value.

It would be interesting if the N800 has a "powered" USB hostmode...

-Klaus--
 Klaus Rotter * klaus <at> rotters <dot> de * www.rotters.de

Jon Smirl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]