Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
Even without any OS update for N770, you could do an application that
works both in N770 and N800, if you avoid using some API. I think most
N770 applications worked with small or non-existent changes in N800.
(You just have to compile it in N770 SDK and test it in N800, too.)

Well I was thinking about _not_ avoiding some API :-) The alarm API as one example. or the one click install thing. Such little things would make perfect sense on N770 (unlike upgraded Flash for example). Basically I'm asking about adding as much API from OS2007 into 2.2 (aka Freezer ;-)) as possible. In fact even 2.1 added some API so let's hope something like this will happen. But I know this in fact means I'm asking for OS2007 :-(

I somehow missed the 2.2 pre-announcement, thanks Aaron. I found it here
http://www.maemo.org/downloads/maemo_3_compatibility.html now.

Frantisek