Hi,
I think the two devices are rather different and not really competing
directly that much against eachother. Also based on Apple's track record
I think their openness will be much less than Nokia's in regards to this
device. The whole Darwin joke hasn't exactly shown Apple to really give
a shit.

The N770/N800 team are working constantly on improving the stack both in
terms of quality but also in terms of openness. I have to admit to not
have followed the iPhone news that closely, but the little I have seen
hasn't mentioned providing an open stack at all from Apple. If you have
any links with details on Apple's plans in that regard I would love to
see them.

Christian