I am quite disappointed too. If 770 software would be fully open
sourced, there would be no problem. But I feel like i've been cheated,
and now I'm trapped with a device with unsupported software (opera,
flash, etc.), and I guess main 770 developers will move to N800
attracted by the 99€ offer.

On 1/10/07, Wolfgang Karall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 19:45 +0100, Christian F.K. Schaller wrote:
> I think the two devices are rather different and not really competing
> directly that much against eachother. Also based on Apple's track record
> I think their openness will be much less than Nokia's in regards to this
> device. The whole Darwin joke hasn't exactly shown Apple to really give
> a shit.

Even though the 'half-open platform' of Apple was mentioned, I think the
important part was 'which presumably will ship with Apple-provided
"killer apps," no magic market creation required'. I don't see Apple
having problems selling their iPhone in the near future.

And Nokia telling people after ~12 months that their N770 is basically
not supported any longer is not gonna drive anyone to recommend the
platform and devices, is it? I, for one, am rather disappointed by this
whole affair, and I will stop showing the device to people in my Linux
courses as an example for an open development platform, managed by a
big, but responsibly acting corporation. Because this somehow doesn't
feel right any longer (and actually didn't for some time, after too many
excuses).

Kind regards,
WK

 Alvaro J. Iradier Muro - [EMAIL PROTECTED]