Hi,

You are right about this. One fact is, that release schedule has been a
trade secret - hence no "end user roadmap with release dates". What we
could do with this limitation was e.g. Herring. Everyone in the open
have had Herring available for month(s). It was (clearly?) communicated
that this is the stabilization branch towards the next ITOS release.
Anyone could have made sure his application will work the day
Bora/IT-2007 goes public.

Its true Herring did not have it all. Applications and multimedia were
out of scope, user friendliness was not good, yet connectivity and
desktop framework (Hildon, D-Bus, etc.) has been ready and available. I
would hope we will do the same next time, just better ;)

Another thing is the developer program. I'm not too happy with it myself
and I agree we should have at least posted the deadline after which the
notifications are sent. I still hope we will at least announce that the
selection is over.

Br,

--jakub