On 1/19/07, Mike Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Some places to start:
> http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog2006
> http://maemo.org/maemowiki/OS2007_Tested_Applications

So in general I can install mistral and have compatiblity with bora?

The word seems to be that some mistral/scirroco apps can run without
modification/recompiling on the n800/bora. Some that make assumptions
about the underlying hardware don't however.

>> 2. If there are no applications (to speak of) after flashing...why is
>> there "Messenger" icon on desktop with many menuitems and no apps
>> hooked up to it...is this part of core ui hildon framework?
>
> Some apps are included in the core firmware that you flash.

Nothing is included with developer firmware that provides apps for this
menu though. I didn't flash end-user  image but developer image.

Are you installing a development platform on a desktop? Sorry, I
misunderstood ... I thought that you were flashing your device. I
think the developer image only includes the open source stuff and not
the proprietary bits.

/Mike