> I have not measured, but currently OS2007 feels somewhat
> slower than 2006.
> But this can simply be because currently most binaries are
> the same that are used for N800. So, recompiling the whole
> stack with different optimizations is likely to give us some
> speed bonus... But that may wait until we know what we can
> get to work. Currently packages that have not worked
> out-of-the-box are recompiled/reconfigured when encountered.
> This work is still going on.

So some of the stuff running on the 770 using os2007on770 has been compiled
for the N800 (i.e. using ARMv6)?

This would be interesting to know, as it would indicate that it may be
possible, admittedly with effort, to get other (N800) apps to run by
implementing vfp illegal instruction exception handling in the kernel (in
much the same way as fpa works). I had expected there to be more instruction
differences considering the number of binaries and my assumption of their
complexity (and therefore chance of inclusion of the new armv6
instructions).

Cheers,

Simon