On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 08:12:09AM +0100, Xi Chen wrote:
I managed to install maemo based on the official tutorial. After I started
maemo UI, it's ok except not having Application Manager and contacts icon
which should be residing in the task navigator bar. It's different than the
screenshot from maemo official site.

I installed the Bora SDK with the installer script.  I have also
installed the proprietary Nokia binaries with apt-get install
maemo-explicit.  I have both App Manager and Contacts in my task
navigator.    Both in SDK_X86 and in SDK_ARMEL targets.

Marius Gedminas
--
If nothing else helps, read the documentation.

Xi Chen is not alone with this one, I guess :) I have the same issue as well, although i don't have a pecific problem with it anyway since I am scripting away mostly with python and using ssh..No need for them in my case.

But anyway, it would be nice to know how to get them working? I am using Scirocco and installed it with the installer script from maemo.org..everything else worked out just fine with it. Somebody knows?

Simo Hosio