मयंक जैन (makuchaku) wrote:
Hi,

I was playing around with the dual boot options & it works perfectly.
I then gave it a shot with ext3 partition, instead of ext2 as
mentioned in the page.

Initially, I wasnt able to mount the ext3 partition but was able to do
so after insmod'ing jbd.ko and then mbcache.ko

Yes, there are example bootmenu configurations with proper modules for ext3 in initfs flasher archive. There is also README mentioning this.

I'm using ext3 for few months and did not see any problems. It is handy when device crashes and reboots.

See also
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35742#post35742

So can someone (with editing rights) please add this information to
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HowTo_EASILY_Boot_From_MMC_card page.

PS: Who can edit the Maemo wiki page? Anyone or someone with specific rights?

Anyone including you :-)

Frantisek