Neil MacLeod wrote:

Open sourcing OS 2006 may be possible - once the legal hurdles have been cleared - but are there enough people that would be interested in repacking new firmware and updates for 770 users? Would the resources needed to open source OS 2006 be better spent on getting OS 2007 into shape so that it can be formally released for 770?

this would certainely seem a better idea, it would keep both devices (the 770 and the 800) in sync

considering I don't currently have the financial resources to buy a new device, It's highly unlikely I'll get the N800 anytime soon, and thus won't be able to do anything for it unless OS2007 is ported (and has an 'official' version