On 4/6/07, Daniel Wagner < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

Thanks, but we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to do that.

We want to use the N800 in a project where 3D is of major concern.

I know that the N800 is marketed as a internet browser but, still the
CPU can do 3D and it is a shame that this potential is not exposed.

Can somebody from Nokia confirm that 3D is an unwanted feature on the
N800 and that it will not be added soon?

If you search the archives, you'll see there's also a video bandwidth
problem related to the present hardware that may/does impose restrictions on
live video rendering, etc. My understanding is that if the internal video
memory were used, there would be enough bandwidth for acceptable
performance, but the internal memory is not large enough to hold the full
800x480 display. The compromise was using external memory to the chip, but
that memory is slower and could only do maybe 15fps. I'm pretty sure this is
why we haven't seen an OpenGL stack yet, and why we probably won't see one
any time soon.

Seek out the thread(s) "DVD content playback possible or not?" from the
archives for more specifics.

--Paul