You can also try http://nopcode.org/0xFFFF if you are feeling adventurous :-)

On 4/10/07, Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:46:41AM -0600, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 01:35:21PM -0600, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> >> I am trying to connect to my N800 with flasher.  It freezes with
> >>
> >> Suitable USB device not found, waiting
> >> I am on Kubuntu 6.10 using flasher 0.8.7.  Does anyone have a suggestion?
>
> I am using the program described as
>
> flasher-3.0  40236  flasher utility (Linux on Intel x86) for the Nokia N800
> and 770
>
> at
>
> http://maemo.org/downloads/d3.php
>
> I checked the md5sum.  I downloaded the program again to be sure that this
> is what I was using.  The program does run, but flasher --query-root-device
> produces the above message.

That's normal.  You run the flasher as root, then power off your N800,
plug the USB cable, then power on the N800.  It will start talking to
the flasher during its boot process.

You can also hold down the Home key on the N800 while it's booting, to
make sure it waits for the flasher.

> But how, then, is anyone else using flash-3.0 with an N800?

I am.  On Ubuntu 6.10.

Marius Gedminas
--
You'll find creativity working hand in hand with engineering. It will feel
strange and you might feel like things are out of control. Relax - they are.