On Tuesday 10 April 2007 09:39:30 Frantisek Dufka wrote:
> Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> > ioctl(3, USBDEVFS_IOCTL, 0xbfd27320)    = -1 ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl
> > for device)
>
> I have no such line when trying flasher-3.0 in ubuntu 6.10. Attached is
> gzipped output of
> strace -o flasher.out ./flasher-3.0 --query-root-device
> It was run as root.

Thanks for checking, although I am now stumped.  To be precise, I am running
Kubuntu 6.10, not Ubuntu, but surely that difference is irrelevant.  Here's
my strace output, in case anyone is willing to look.  I ran

sudo strace -o strace-jb.out ./flasher --query-root-device

I used split to lop off most of the output.  The correct usb device
is /dev/bus/usb/005/030.
--
Jeffrey Barish