On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:47:01 +0300
Igor Stoppa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Depends on what you mean by 'from scratch'.  If the unit does not have a
> > bootloader _at all_, then you need to flash a bootloader via JTAG.  But
> > that's mildly convoluted.
>
> Serial console is the usual way to go. There is rom code that provides
> this facility. Of course a serial programmer (aka flasher) is needed.

Are you telling me that the N770 has a ROM (not EEPROM or FLASH) that allows
one to rewrite the Flash no matter how badly you screwed any part of the
programmable memory?
I'm asking as I have until now been quite cautious in my experiments with the
Nokia, knowing that there is a way to recover the device (by my self) would put
my mind at ease :)

If it has such a marvellous ROM bootloader, is it by any chance one with any
documentation regarding the "protocol"?
Something like UBoot would really nice :)