Eero Tamminen wrote:

Are you building your own kernel which is newer than the one coming
with the latest release?    I heard that with some of the newer versions
/etc/init.d/ttyusb0 could start getty and the script needs to be updated
for newer kernel.

Own kernel from bora 3.1 repository with mmc patches from
http://intr.overt.org/n800-sdhc-kernel/ and some small (non-invasive) custom hacks. The mmc patches are fairly invasive but just to the mmc layer.

I don't have the device now but I'll check details. I definitely remember about having to disable it in inittab more times but that may be because I have more copies of rootfs (1 in flash + 3 on mmc) so it is sometimes hard to track changes :-) But still, getty over ttyS0 should not be enabled at all. I never played with various flasher flags on my N800 yet.