"ext Andreas Orfanos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It is against Open Source Software ethics to keep kernel modules
> proprietary. Definitely there is a GPL violation here. Nokia's tables
> exist today because people kept those GPL moral obligations.
>
> Release functional source code of umac.ko please.

Creating a device like Internet Tablet is not just writing software,
it's a lot more. For example, one has to consider hardware design,
costs, manufacturing, schedules and other issues. And when all these
aspects are combined, the solution isn't always optimal. Just like the
case is right now, as you have pointed out.

I do understand the frustration of not having umac.ko sources
available. I personally believe that having an open driver would
improve the quality and make my job a lot easier. But that's just not
possible currently and this is something we have to live with.

Disclaimer: These are my own opinions and not of Nokia.

--
Kalle Valo