Hi,

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:05:13AM -0300, ext Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> On 5/2/07, Quim Gil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 03:29 -0300, ext Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> >> Daniel, Siarhei, Eero: I always find your mails to provide great deal
> >> of tech information about N800.
> >
> >What a coincidence, me too.  ;)
> >
> >> However we do not have a central place
> >> with these information, it would be great if you guys setup a wiki
> >> page with tech details about drivers, optimizations and weakness of
> >> current implementations so others could base work on.
> >
> >Indeed. But knowing about the day to day of these busy guys I kind of
> >understand why things they write instantly in an email can't be easily
> >reproduced by themselves in a more formal way.
>
> I know, and problem is that we're not always sure of some things, some
> effects are collateral, some are expected... that wastes our time and
> when you're finished, often you're so tired you won't document it,
> just archive the excerpt you want, without any context... you'll know
> it when you need.

If there's anything you want to know directly, just ask on the list.  I
tend to deal with email when I'm not actively coding/building/etc, which
is how I justify it.  A wiki would require me to sit down for a while
and really think about stuff, and I don't really have huge blocks of
time available to me.

But yeah, always happy to answer direct questions.

> >But we do want to have all these pearls available in a structured way in
> >maemo.org. Easing web publishing is a step, partially covered now by the
> >Midgard CMS integration. Providing an appropriate content structure is a
> >next step (I'm responsible of). Having that doc manager in place will
> >definitely help, as well, as making sure that every relevant component
> >in our architecture is officially covered by someone of the team (still
> >working on this).
> >
> >Until then we will keep getting busy developers really sensitive to
> >openness and dialog, finding some spare time to answer questions and
> >fill indirectly the gaps in our documentation.
>
> Quim, while "formal" documents as those maemo.org provides are cool,
> it consumes a lot of resources... doing simple but correct/consistent
> wiki is good enough. Maybe we could setup a "techday" that we'd meet
> on IRC and document some topics on Wiki. It would be great to get some
> people with deep knowledge on hw issues, like Daniel, Siarhei and
> Eero... I could help with writing and organization, as I never dig on
> hw that much (but I'll need to do so really soon).

If you can manage the timezones, that would probably be okay.
America/Europe is doable if you guys get up early, just as long as
no-one from Asia-Pacific wants to join in ...

Cheers,
Daniel