Ramon Navarro Bosch wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm writing a survey about the state of the art on free software related
> research. It's part of my PhD and I'm interested on involve Maemo on
> it.I would like to know if there is any research ( published articles on
> conferences and publications ) that talk about :
>
> * Maemo architecture ( Embedded architectures using OSS )
> * FLOSS ( Free as "Libre" Open Source Software ) relation with Maemo
> Project Management ( related projects vs maemo , comunity vs maemo,... )
> * Open Source Development Model relation with Maemo development model
> * Nokia policy related to Free Software
>
> Also if there is any group on any university that work on any of this
> subjects would be fine to know about them.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Ramon
A bunch of research-related resources are listed at
http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/213

We have done diffusion and adoption studies of free and open source
software in general (see list below) but it can be nicely adopted to fit
a particular platform such as Maemo. The approach to diffusion and
adoption is based on user perception of the innovation at hand (mostly
coming from Rogers' [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everett_Rogers] work).

http://cob.sfsu.edu/COB/directory/faculty_contribution.cfm?conid=2215
http://csdl2.computer.org/persagen/DLAbsToc.jsp?resourcePath=/dl/proceedings/&toc=comp/proceedings/hicss/2007/2755/00/2755toc.xml&DOI=10.1109/HICSS.2007.412

I currently have a Masters student who is working on the "art of open
sourcing a software project", but that relates to an existing
proprietary project that has turned into an open source effort. That
work should be available by the end of May. I can point you in that
direction at that time...drop me a reminder then.

Hope this helps.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.