MoRpHeUz wrote:
>   Great applications like Carman, Konttouri's player and others were
> written in python. And the final users wont have this applications
> working well if we dont have python support for the platform.

Why would that need python support *in* the platform? It should jsut be
a matter
of putting ukmp and pymaemo in maemo extras and having a proper install file
for ukmp.

I see it's not true for now.

1) pymaemo needs clicks on two install files "base repo" and "pymaemo" why?
2) ukmp does not have a install file, but a .deb. according to
maintainer uploading
to extras is "too hard"

^ those are the issues that need fixing, not adding arbitrary bloat[1]
to the base system.
Which basically  foils down either limits in .install files and/or
problems with using
garage. Next time someone is going to write a neat ruby application, it
needs to be easily
installable as well, and you can't solve all dependency problems by
adding everything
to official(tm) firmware.

[1] I do not mean python specifically, which I actually like.