Jason Monroe Martin wrote:
> I am glad to see all the discussion on Python. Sometimes it not the
> average user thats makes or breaks a product but businesses. Python
> fills the place on the device like VB did for Windows. I have worked in
> factories and mills all my life and when you can produce something in 5
> minutes and hand it to employee X to count widget Y (or whatever) that
> really means something. I have already used to device to print bar code
> data to Zebra printers already in 10 lines of code (No driver and No
> print system on the 770).  I have even played around with controlling
> RFID readers with Python on the device. The little device has lots of
> potential and I hope python remains a strong part of it for a long time.

I was extremely disappointed when the 800 & IT2007 came out and us 770
owners were left out.  I had hoped that eventually Nokia would provide
us a Java VM on 770 so I could do some development from the device.
I'd still like to see that (especially considering the currently idle
java acceleration on the chip), but it's good to have pymaemo to take on
the road. The latest package pretty much has a library for most things
I'd do with the tablet.
I'm working on an app to control my son's lego NXT mindstorm brick and
Pygtk and pybluez seem straight forward enough. Thanks to everyone
that's worked on this.

Luis