Kees Jongenburger wrote:
> I guess the cards would not be lost , just the data.

Hopefully! But so far nobody has found any software that can recover the cards.

> Apparently it's not a bug that can easily be triggers by everybody.
> I have my rootfs running on sdhc with new "latest" release and I
> already filled it with 300MB of programs so far with no problems.

One poor guy has had three Transcend SDHC Class 6 cards die on him since
upgrading to 4.2007!

It seems the external slot is more likely to kill a card than the internal
slot... perhaps because people remove cards from this slot more often than they
do the internal slot? Also, judging by the vdd details in this blog[1] post the
internal and external slots support slightly different electrical
characteristics.

And a recent blog post[2] from the original author of the 3.2007 SDHC patch
suggests that Nokia have not included all of his patches in the latest 4.2007
firmware, and he suggests he might produce his own version of the 4.2007 kernel
with his own patches - I think I'll give that a go as I had fewer problems with
his patches than the official Nokia release.

1. http://intr.overt.org/blog/?p=49
2. http://intr.overt.org/blog/?p=52